The ultimate virucidal disinfectant that kills all 22 families in one safe cleaning action. It represents the first new approach to disinfection in forty years. Possesses the widest proven spectrum of any disinfectant available. Unique, synergised oxidising system based on potassium monopersulphate - works by the physical destruction of pathogens.
- Unrivalled spectrum - formulated to meet all pathogenic challenge to staff and patients.
- Efficacy proven by worldwide independent testing program.
- Developed and manufactured by Antec International, worldwide patents granted.
- Unparalleled spectrum of activity, proven effective against:
- 300 strains/clinical isolates from 76 bacteria
- 47 strains/clinical isolates from 35 viruses
- 45 strains/clinical isolates from 17 fungi
Proven effective against all major pathogens known
- Viruses HIV/AIDS, hepatitis B, polio, lassa and rift valley fevers.
- Bacteria Staphylococci, Streptococci, Proteus, Pseudomonas, Mycobacteria- (including TB) and all the major food poisoning bacteria. Proven against a wide range of antibiotic-resistant strains.
- Fungi Candida and the common skin dermatophytes.
- Built-in colour indicator of strength.
- Resistant to inactivation by organic material.
- Contains a surfactant - combines cleaning and disinfection in one operation.
- Avoids the problems of pre-cleaning which spreads infection on cleaning materials and utensils.
- Full details of spectrum and summary of testing program plus copies of all independent test reports freely available.
Offers maximum safety to staff and patients virkon solution
- is non-irritant to skin
- is non-irritant to eyes
- does not possess a toxic vapour phase
- protects staff and patients from all pathogen challenge
- does not evolve toxic chlorine fumes when used on urine spills.
Download Virkon Powder Safety Datasheet
Virkon Soluble Tablets are now available for the first time. In addition to the usual packs of Virkon powder, ie. 50gm Sachets, 500gm squeeze bottles and 5Kg drums, the 5gm tablet provides a new and quick way to make up 500ml of 1% Virkon solution. The tablet replaces the 10gm soluble sachet and has two major advantages over it's predecessor. Firstly, it dissolves much quicker and in a much cleaner fashion, and secondly they are much easier to pop into the neck of a trigger spray container, which is the application we see as being the most popular for this kind pack form. A 500ml trigger spray bottle can conveniently be used to dispense the solution and is available to purchase.
The tablets are packed either 10 to a small pot or 50 to a larger tub, thereby offering a tub size to suit all needs. Virkon is still the ultimate high level surface disinfectant suitable for use on surfaces in healthcare, laboratory, food preparation and production, catering, residential, hotel, transport, emergency services and public environments.
Widest range of clinical usage
- VIRKON powder for the safe containment and disposal of blood and body fluid spills.
- VIRKON solution is suitable for all routine disinfection tasks whatever the infection threat.
- The combined cleaning and disinfection of all hard surfaces (walls, floors, trolleys, locker tops, laboratory benches, equipment exteriors, etc).
- The replacement of the aldehydes in the treatment of flexible endoscopes.
- General laboratory usage (discard jars, centrifuges, pipettes, etc).
- The routine decontamination of body fluid handling devices (renal dialysis machines, blood analysers, blood bank equipment, etc).
Maximum cost effectiveness
- Combines cleaning and disinfection - avoids the additional time and cost of seperate pre-cleaning.
- Reduces the range of disinfectant and cleaning products required giving savings in inventory and stock control.
- Simplifies staff training.
- Simplifies infection control procedures and policies - a major contribution to reducing the costs of hospital or laboratory-acquired infection.
For a more detailed technical overview, click here.
Compliance with Article 95(2) of Regulation (EU)
No. 528/2012, read here.
Virkon Tablets Safety Datasheet PDF